Most things we write come out of a moment of enthusiasm
Today I want to share what I made for dinner last night, which sadly I didn’t have time to take photos of because my boyfriend and I ate it so fast… But trust me, it was quite yummy and didn’t look terrible either.
Chicken breasts (1 per person)
Lime juice + salt and pepper ( a good drizzle and shake, optional)
Pasta (I used spirals, but whatever floats your boat)
Basil Pesto (2 heaped teaspoons)
Tomatoes (mine were a mixture of cherry tomatos and big ones cut up… as many as you want to eat really)
Parsley (a good handful, optional if you don’t have any anyway)
Cream (a good spoonful, or can be left out if you prefer/don’t have any)
Bocconcini and Parmesan
1) Boil water and cook pasta.
2) At the same time (or get someone else to do it) dice chicken into bite size pieces and put in a bowl with lime juice and some salt and pepper). Cook the chicken (I BBQd mine which was amazingly delicious and less washing up, but you can use a fry pan if you prefer, or lack a BBQ).
3) Prepare tomatoes. (I cut mine into bite size bits)
4) Drain pasta, add pesto and cream, add tomatoes, parsley and chicken and stir gently (so you don’t crush the tomatoes) until nicely combined and it looks good to you.
5) Bowl it up, put cheesey goodness on top if you like and eat!
Took about 30mins from when I put the water on to boil, to when I finished eating, so it is super quick and easy. Sorry for the lack of accurate measurements, pretty much just put in how much you want to eat. Although watch the basil pesto, it can be very salty and ruin the dish pretty quick if you use too much. The recipe was born out of a recipe of taste.com.au, which I chose because we have a shite load of tomatoes growing that need to be eaten, and the only things I bought were chicken and cream as everything else was in the pantry or growing. I imagine you could add other veggies like capsicum, that sort of thing pretty easily.
Off to go eat left overs for lunch!